Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Quantum Computers

Started by Renee, May 05, 2015, 09:17:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renee

[size=150]Quantum Computers Will Make Your Laptop Look Like an Abacus[/size]

"The race to make the first quantum computer is becoming as important as the race 75 years ago to get the first nuke. It could change the balance of power in politics and business."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/quantum-computers-will-make-your-laptop-look-like-an-abacus/ar-BBj9UAh?ocid=mailsignout">http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technolog ... ailsignout">http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/quantum-computers-will-make-your-laptop-look-like-an-abacus/ar-BBj9UAh?ocid=mailsignout

Exciting stuff but I can't help but think that this is a technology that we as a species are not ethical enough or smart enough to administer or control responsibly. I guess we will just have to wait and see.  ac_unsure
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

That article had a lot of fear mongering bullshit in it but with it, an exciting leap for mankind .... in 15 to 20 years.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"That article had a lot of fear mongering bullshit in it but with it, an exciting leap for mankind .... in 15 to 20 years.

In what way is the information given "fear mongering"?

Just curious.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

RW

Did you not read the article?  All the things we can do with it - mention of nukes and other shit.  Fear fear fear.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"Did you not read the article?  All the things we can do with it - mention of nukes and other shit.  Fear fear fear.

So you don't think that the first to develop this as a practical technology won't have the cyber equivalent of the "Big Stick"?

BTW, if we had quantum computers would it stop us from seeing this?

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum2/ on this server.

Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu) Server at thebluecashew.com Port 80"

RW

Maybe.  I guess we shall see.

Fucking Apache.  Arg!
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
I am looking forward to a car that drives itself.

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"

I'm pretty sure the people sharing the road with you are looking forward to that too.  ac_biggrin

RW

Hahaha

They have a self driving car.  It's just not road ready yet :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"

I'm pretty sure the people sharing the road with you are looking forward to that too.  ac_biggrin

lol